Queer Spirit is more than a festival -
It is a group that provides ways for LGBTQI+ people to explore spirituality, healing and personal development, and that celebrates the creative and spiritual gifts that the queer tribes bring to humanity.
Queer Spirit is the synergy formed by bringing together many views, experiences, beliefs, philosophies and ways of being that have queerness, community and spirituality at their core. It is a cauldron of queer vitality connecting the worlds, exploring energy, nature & love.
- To celebrate the indomitable spirit of LGBT+ people.
- To support and sustain, and to provide safe places to explore, the spirituality of LGBT+ people, and to build bridges and understanding between LGBT+ spiritual and religious groups.
- To create gatherings of the queer-spirited tribes.
- To put an end to the isolation of, and the discrimination against, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, queer and intersex people, and all other people whose sexual or gender identity makes them liable to such isolation and discrimination.
- To create safe spaces free from homophobia, heterosexism and any other form of discrimination or abuse.
- To provide events, workshops and entertainments that are relevant and interesting to LGBT+ , in particular in areas where little exists, and where LGBT+ people are geographically or culturally isolated or dependent on pubs and clubs for social contact.
- To make the organisation accessible to all LGBT+ people, regardless of location, race, colour, culture, class, religion, age, disability or gender, and to set up alliances with non-LGBT+ people who support our aims and wish to work with us.
Towards these AIMS the group will:
- Network with individuals and groups who support the aims of Queer Spirit. Support them to challenge homophobia and to build their own events.
- Organise events for the purposes of mutual support, sharing of ideas and information, celebrating the lives and achievements of LGBT+ people, now and in the past, and breaking down isolation.
- Keep a contact list and ensure the privacy of this list.