Jump to on-line application form
Guidelines for Traders
We ask that all people we accept to the festival to offer goods / food for sale agree to these guidelines. Please note these are in addition to the general terms and conditions (agreed to by all those attending the festival) that we expect you to read and agree to also.
The festival is open to the public from 2pm on Wednesday 14 August and we are expecting around 500 people on site, some of whom will be under the age of 18. We are looking for traders that we feel support the Queer Spirit ethos both around being an LGBTQI+ festival and also around respect for the Earth.
If we accept your request to trade at the festival, you will need to purchase at least one standard adult ticket to confirm your place and agree to pay us 10% of your takings. You also agree to the following:
- You must only trade items that were approved from your application. Subletting any part of your stall / pitch is not allowed.
- Public liability insurance is your own responsibility.
- You will bring your own structure(s) to create your stall which you will let us know the details of as part of your application – ideally a photo of it would help (both for us to arrange the trading area plus we may use it on the website and in publicity.)
- You agree to giving any access required by the site inspection team if they need to inspect your structure.
- No electrical power will be provided for you and no generators of any kind are allowed on site unless approved by our site manager, so if you wish us to consider allowing you to provide your own solar generator you must inform us of this as part of your application.
- If you wish to use credit/debit card processing, you should be aware that no landline or Wi-Fi signal is available, so it is your responsibility to confirm your system will operate over the available mobile networks on site if required. Please also be aware that we may have one day during the festival allocated to being a mobile device free day.
- No amplified sound systems are allowed.
- Your pitch location will be decided as part of the pre-festival event planning and cannot be changed once allocated.
- You will arrive for set-up any time from 9am on Wednesday 14 August 2019 and will ensure that all vehicles are back in the car park or off site and that all structural work is completed no later than 2pm when the gates open to the public. You can start to trade any time from 2pm.
- Trading ends at 2pm on Sunday 18 August and you can bring vehicles on to the site any time from 6:00pm. Please be aware of the daily gate night closure as detailed in the general terms and conditions. You must be fully off site by 6pm on Monday 19 August 2019.
- You commit to be open for trading for a minimum of 5 hours each day on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of the festival plus at least 3 hours on the Wednesday and Sunday of the festival.
- If you are selling food it must be 100% vegetarian or vegan and clearly marked as such. You will need to let us know what council you are registered with and to provide your Food Hygiene rating plus a copies of any insurance and other documentation you have. If you are using any LPG equipment you will need to show us a gas safety certificate and any training certification for people working with you.
- No plastic crockery or cutlery is allowed on site. You can offer pottery/porcelain plates and cups and metal cutlery using a returnable deposit scheme. You can also use biodegradable items.
- You will be required to carry adequate fire-fighting equipment.